Sunday, May 03, 2009

Potty training

WOW, I'm super surprised how well this has gone thus far. Day 1 had 5 accidents, Day 2 had like 3 and the rest of the days have been 0 or 1 accident. Sometimes I put him in diapers for nap and sometimes underwear. Night is diapers. I bought an "on the go potty" for when we go out and we used it at the parks and took it to Sams Club and he used it there. He's only gone poop once in the potty. How long should I wait before trying to transfer him to sitting on the toilet (with the toilet insert for kids)? I hope this keeps up.

5 comments:

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

yea! it sounds like potty training week-- we've been training Bergen as well. As far as sitting on the big toilet, I'd say just try it and see if he's fine with it. We used a little seat that sits on top for Tally but Bergen doesn't care...so he just holds himself with his hands and sits on the very back part of the toilet...then nothing sprays out :) We haven't had the poop success though--he choosed to do that in nap time with a diaper so good job! Anyways, there's my tidbit...

Becky said...

Awesome!! I knew you both would do well. It is always that anticipation that is the hardest part of any new process. I'm happy that things have been going so smoothly. What "method" are you using?
Oh, and did you see Kari's newest post about the Arboretum? You should check it out with her sometime. I would if I was there.

Sarah said...

Kathryn only ever used the toilet (with the little seat on it). She didn't like the other one! I'd move him whenever he'll let you! I'm glad it's going so well! Maybe I should try with Hannah, it would probably go better than I think!

-Laura- said...

Yea!!! I'll bet that's a huge relief! Spencer would never go on the little kiddie potty, for some reason he hated it. I'll bet Douglas will do great as soon as you switch. I'm so happy he's done so well for you!!!

Jen said...

Wow, sounds like it's going great! Good job Douglas!