Saturday, February 24, 2007

# 1 Baby


His shirt says it all! I just love this little one. The last two naps I gave him, he went down without a hitch. I hope and pray that it stays that way. I've tried something new. He stays awake two hours and then I hold him w/ a paci and take him to his bed, swaddle his body (arms out), turn on the mobile and sit there with him. I have my hand on his tummy. He then puts his little hands on my hand. I rub down his nose (if he's tired this makes his eyes close). So far this little routine has worked. Knock on wood.

On a more exciting note, Douglas laughed for the first time on Wed. He hasn't done it since but it was a definite laugh and I have a witness (my friend heard it). As I think about it my heart melts again. It was sooooo cute and I can't wait until it occurs frequently. I just love this little fellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I love his eyes! I'm so glad he laughed for you! I want Hannah to laugh SOOOOO bad. She has been so so close for a couple weeks it seems. She opens her mouth wide in the biggest smile but can't get the right sound. We got really close today, and she had a little laugh, so hopefully soon. I'm sure he'll start laughing up a storm for you in no time! I am going to have to try something similar to your routine. Were you have problems? I thought he was doing so good!

Crystal said...

Sarah,
About 3 weeks ago, his naps fell out of place (don't know why). He just started fighting them big time and I'd try to let him cry it out but that wasn't working. He also started waking up 1-2 hours earlier for the past 3 weeks. Two nights ago, however, I put him to bed 15 min earlier and he has woken (sp?) up at his old normal time again. :-) I hope this continues!!

~Jen~ said...

See you're doing great Crystal! You just have to find (through trial and error) what works for your little guy. And he's adorable by the way!

-Laura- said...

Awww...so cute! It' so fun when they start laughing!

Brianne said...

He's so dang cute! Don't you just love it when you think you have a routine and they decide to mix things up! How fun to hear him laugh. It's so great when they get more expressive and interactive. Enjoy it!

Melissa said...

Madilynn still has her sleepy-time ups and downs too, but it feels so great when you finally help them figure it out! I hope the new routine sticks!

Rhonda said...

Hey Shelly told me you had a blog so I had to check it out. He is even cuter than the last time I saw him at Target when you were getting a tree.
I just started doing a blog so the in-laws could see Kacey more. It's a lot of fun.