Here is the birth announcement I made for Douglas. The yellow strip on the blue is a ribbon that says "bundle of joy". We had fun making them.
Douglas' 2 week appointment was Monday and he weighs 9 lbs now. He's my big boy! Also, this boy can stink up a room. I was feeding him this morning and he pooped and WOW it stunk. I tried to get Travis to come over to smell it b/c I was soooo surprised that that smell came from a little baby and not a grown man. Travis wanted no part in it! :-) Also, I knew boys were tricky to change b/c of the risk of getting sprayed but holy moly! I dread changing him every time for that reason. We've gone through lots of rags b/c he's peed on them. Laundry never ends!! Despite all that I still find millions of reasons to adore him!


6 comments:
You did an awesome job! Those are adorable!
I love your announcement! I know what you mean about changing little boys' diapers. It's definately an art. Spencer always waited for us to take off his diaper and then would go. He even got himself in the face a few times! Don't worry, he'll get better in a few months.
That is so cute! Oh the many joys of boys - getting peed on is just one of them! That reminds me of something I saw at the "Motherhood" maternity store called "Pee-Pee Tee-Pees". They're little disposable cone-shaped things to put on your baby boy while you change him so he can't spray everywhere! I thought that was pretty clever, although probably not really necessary. Good luck with that!
Congrats, you two! He is really cute, and it sounds like you got through getting him here without too many complications. What more could you ask for? We can't wait to meet him. Take advantage of every opportunity to snuggle him - they don't stay this size forever!
Oh it looks great! I had decided not to do announcements, but that makes me want to do them afterall!
And I'm so glad I have girls and don't have to worry about that part of diaper changing!
Crystal, I'm glad that the baby took after you and got all the Mexican genes.
Post a Comment