Well, Douglas came late, but he is well worth the wait. He was born Monday, November 13 2006, just after noon at 12:38 pm. He looked a little funny when he came out but I understand all babies do after being squished through the birth canal. He came out face up and rather large so Crystal was cut first (episiotomy) to prepare her; however, Douglas still tore her a little more on his way out.
Douglas weighs 8 lbs and 14 ozs and he is 21 inches long.
Crystal really did a good job pushing such a large baby turned the wrong way out of her. Overall it was a relatively short labor, 4 hrs. Everyone is healthy and happy except a little soreness for Crystal.
In these two pictures he is getting his temperature taken. His toes look funny as he was spreading them in this picture, but no need to be alarmed. In real life they are normal.
Here is the family. We are all happy, but Douglas and Crystal are both so tired at this point (about two hours after delivery).
And just as a final reference back to pre delivery, here is our last family picture with Crystal still pregnant. The night before we left life without children behind forever.
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Douglas Alan Hill has arrived
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Crystal he is ADORABLE!!!! I'm glad things went okay (aside from him being sunny side up!). I can't wait to come meet the little guy and see lots of pictures! I hope you have a nice, quick recovery! We love you!
YEAH! I've been watching your blog closely since yesterday! I'm sorry he was posterier(is that how you spell it?!), Bella was too - not fun! He looks so cute! I hope you have a restful stay at the hospital and a good recovery at home! Keep us posted on little Douglas! Good job!
Congratulations! He really is adorable! Seriously, most babies look all squishy and red right after their born, Douglas looks beautiful! (Don't worry, boys can be beautiful too...but only when they're infants!) Sorry you had to have an episiotomy, I had to have one with both of my kids. It's the worst part of recovery! Hope you're taking it easy, and enjoying your new sweetheart! Can't wait to see more pictures!
Felicitaciones!!! He is soooooo handsome. I don't know anything about giving birth, but woman.... you are my HERO.
Congrats to you both! I wish Crystal and Douglas a speedy recovery!
Congratulations! He's finally here! He is adorable -- definitely a keeper :)
Congratulations! You all look great! Way to go Crystal! He is so cute! I want to pinch his cheeks!
Awesome!
Congrats! I can't wait to see the little guy. Here's to a speedy recovery and watching him grow up!
Congratulations!!! How exciting. And he looks cute and so big!
Wow, what a big boy! Congratulations! I know everyone says how cute babies are, but Douglas is SERIOUSLY a good-looking kid! Sounds like a relatively quick delivery so that's a plus, but all the other stuff sounded not so fun. I'm just glad all is well with both of you. Hope you're recovering well and enjoying that little bundle of joy!
Wow, what a big boy! Congratulations! I know everyone says how cute babies are, but Douglas is SERIOUSLY a good-looking kid! Sounds like a relatively quick delivery so that's a plus, but all the other stuff sounded not so fun. I'm just glad all is well with both of you. Hope you're recovering well and enjoying that little bundle of joy!
Congrats! You both made it through safely! That's great! I hope you're getting all the rest you can and letting everyone pamper you as much as possible. Enjoy it while it lasts. When I was recovering from my episiotomy I just thought about how awful it would have been to recover back in the days...like the pioneers, well I know I wouldn't have made it because I had some other bleeding issues, but thank goodness for modern medicine!
That was from me, but my name didn't attach for some reason.
What a cute little Boom Boom!!! Isn't it just so joyous!!! I didn't make it to the hospital, but maybe I can get by soon. Sarah will be here on Thanksgiving....maybe we could drop in then!!
Way to GO!!!!
Travis....I could be mistaken, but are those his little foot prints I see stamped on your Dr. Scubs? That is too precious! What a fun keepsake!
Glad to hear that you are all doing well... Looks like you have a beautiful, healthy little boy! He is going to be a smart one... he just has that look of wisdom in his eyes! And he looks so grown up already... that is not your average new born picture... he has good skin tone and open hands...if I didn't know, I would think he was at least a month old!
Anyway...too cute can't wait to meet him...we love you all! Congratulations on your new little family!
Hey,
He is super cute and congrats on everything. I can't wait for this next one to come. I only have about 4 1/2 months left but am not showing yet but hopefully soon. Congrats again.
Post a Comment