Monday, September 26, 2011

aaahhhh

I have a problem.  There is a person I really don't care for and I come in contact w/ this person every week, multiple times. I often think about what I don't like about said person.  I do NOT want to think that way anymore.  I'd like to like this person but at the very least not be bothered by this person. I have acquaintances/friends who like this person so I should be able to, right? What do I do to change my thinking?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

oh, this has totally happened to me before! I wish I had a good solution. The only thing I can suggest is prayer... Praying that you can have positive thoughts about the person, or that you can even learn to love them. Or something along those lines. It may take a little time, but it has worked for me!

Anonymous said...

I have the exact same issue with one particular person in my life. The only thing that has worked for me? Serving them. I usually do it anonymously, but it helps tremendously.

Lindsey said...

prayers. it's frustrating. and sucks. i'm sorry.

Melissa said...

I think that the best answers have already been shared, but I just had to comment and tell you that I can empathize so much that this made me laugh. Mostly laughing over here because your so good to seek out suggestions to help you change your mentality. I'm not quite there, but I am giving prayer a shot!

Becky said...

Is it me?

Brynn said...

I find myself asking this question, too. I wish I knew an easy answer. Good luck.

The Rod's said...

Well just tell me and I won't hang out with you anymore! No but really, try avoiding the person if at all possible, that's what I would do.