Sunday, September 04, 2011

Harrison is 3

Harrison understood this year the excitement of his birthday.  I over spent on him but it's justified because last Christmas and his birthday I didn't know what to get him so I got him things that Douglas would like too.  This time I just focused on him.   He isn't into specific things though so I had a hard time deciding what to do for his cake.  We saw these one eyed monster plates at target and he liked them and I thought it was easy enough so I made a cake like that.  We also started the tradition of having balloons for how old you are with a dollar in each.  So he had three balloons with a dollar in each of them and he had to pop them to get the money.  He loves all of his gifts.  We got donuts for his breakfast too.  Overall it was a low key day but he enjoyed the attention and celebration.

Little Dude's special hat
Opening presents

popping balloons to get money
My totally awesome professional monster cyclops cake.  ;-)
I bet you didn't know I had these mad skills.

his loot


Harrison is something else.  He's cuddly, happy, loud, and moody all at the same time. He loves to play with Douglas.  He smothers Luke.  Often when playing with other kids he gets too excited and gets in their personal space, resulting in the other child pushing or complaining.    He doesn't seem 3 to me.  He seems less mature.  I think part of that is his speech.  ECI (early childhood intervention) cuts off at 3 so he qualified for speech at the school.  So he'll be going 2 days for 30 minutes each every week.  He is also starting joyschool (a preschool co op with 5 other kids) next week.    I can't imagine life without him.

1 comment:

brittany said...

Jackson has that cat piano. He loves it so much, but it is honestly the most annoying toy I think he owns. Be careful letting harrison play the cat songs over and over. They don't get out of your head very easily.