Monday, July 04, 2011

Luke, 3 Months

Well things are definitely a little better with the adjustment to 3 kids although some days are better than others.  I can't believe little Luke is 3 months already.  Here are some things about the little mister at this age.


-He is such a sweet, good baby.  It's easy to make him talk and he smiles pretty frequently too. 
-If I brush my finger across his lips or by them he will start to coo and usually throw in a few smiles too.
-He's laughed (full belly laugh) once but at what I have no clue so I think it was a delirious laugh.
-The boys can NOT get enough of him.  Holy COW!!!  Harrison is the worst.  Douglas understands the delicate nature of a baby.  Harrison clearly does not.  Douglas also thinks that Luke is the cutest baby.  One day he saw a baby girl and said, "They have a baby too."  Long pause, "Luke is cuter."  I laughed and said that I agreed, although I didn't see the baby but I didn't have to to know Luke was cuter.  (hahaha, yes I'm biased.)  I told Douglas that we shouldn't say that though.
-Luke prefers to be held upright/vertical.
-Luke still likes to be swaddled.
-Luke has an interesting way of falling asleep.  I'll swaddle him, hold him up right, pat his back, and he'll fuss and squirm for a few minutes, banging his head against my shoulder,  then he'll conk out by face planting into by shoulder.  I don't understand how smothering his nose and mouth against me could be comfortable but apparently it is.  I turn his head so he has better access to air.
-Oh, and Luke has BEAUTIFUL blue eyes.  I'm assuming they'll stay blue b/c they are a light/bright blue. 
-Sleep:  it's hard to say b/c just when I think we have a pattern he'll change it up on me but lately he's been going to sleep between 7 and 8:30pm and waking up between 1:30 and 3 and then waking up 3.5 hours later (so 5-6:30am) to eat.
-He started slowing down in weight gain (typical of our boys).  He weighs 13lbs 8oz. 
-He laughed for the 2nd time today (7/11/11) at the doctors office.

Anyways, we love Luke.  I feel bad that he doesn't get a schedule like I did with the other two.  However, that will change mid August when summer will be winding down and I can cater more to his needs instead of trying to entertain the other two.
Oh, here are the boys at 3 months of age.  Does Luke favor one or the other?

3 comments:

Ashlea said...

Man I hope his eyes stay. Ally had beautiful blue eyes (that were light as well) until about 6 months and then they gradually started to change, now they are still blue on the outside and definitely sometimes look blue but I think hazel is their true color. I had just decided that she was going to keep them when they started to change! At least you have blue eyes so his chances are better I think, Ally would have gotten them from both her grandmothers. Anyway, he is beautiful!

Jen said...

He is a gorgeous baby!

I think he looks more like Harrison did at three months although he's still pretty much got a look all his own.

Kelly S. said...

Beautiful baby Crystal!! I love his pretty blue eyes. Looking at your pics, it seems like he might look a little more like Harrison, but who knows. I think he looks like Luke! :) All your kids are such cuties!!!