Monday, February 28, 2011

Can't forget

Douglas drew this picture of our family.  The top part is "Heavenly Father in His beautiful home in the clouds."  Then he drew from left to right: Mommy, Douglas, girl, girl, baby 3, girl, Harrison, and Daddy. Apparently, I'll be having 3 girls at some point after this pregnancy.  :-)  Love this kid.


So 9 days ago I went to do a cycle class at the gym. It had been 3 weeks since I did a cycle class. Anyways, I adjusted my bike to my normal settings and hopped on the bike seat. I don't remember specifics but I know that it was at the beginning that my butt hurt like crazy. I just assumed it was standard discomfort of a bike seat mixed with worsening hemorrhoids. (Hey, I have a baby sitting as low as possible in me. Of course I have hemorrhoids.) Anyways, I just tried to avoid the spot that hurt most. I did about 35min and left early. My butt hurt but it got way worse a couple hours later. So bad I couldn't sit or bend over. It really started worrying me as the days went on b/c I suspected it was my tailbone and I've heard there is nothing you can do for a tailbone. Tuesday I went to my doctor’s appt and as I lay on the table and it hurt so bad, I realized, how the crap am I going to give birth when I can't sit or lay down? I went to a chiropractor for the first time Friday and it felt a little better that day but by Saturday I was in so much pain again. With the preggo hormones, the house torn apart for two major projects, and having to spend too much time driving and hurting terribly I just started crying and prayed to Heavenly Father. I had been praying all week about my tailbone but Saturday I just about had it and couldn't imagine going on much longer in this pregnancy with my tailbone in pain. Miracously, Sunday and today, it has been 20 times better. It is seriously on the mend. I know it's a direct answer to my prayers b/c you can't go from how much pain I was in Saturday night to it feeling almost normal the next morning. Whew! Heavenly Father sure loves me! I am so thankful my tailbone is feeling almost normal.

2 comments:

Becky said...

That is great! I'm glad you have to have a few girls too because while we were in Utah, James and Brian went past the temple and Brian told him we got married there and he said that he knew cuz he was there and Johnny was there too. Brian asked him if there was anyone else and James said, "Yes, there were 5 girls." Brian died laughing! Looks like we will be in it together!
BTW, glad your butt is better! Gotta love the power of prayer.

Kelly S said...

I'm glad your prayers were answered!!!!! :) Your awesome for doing a cycle class during pregnancy! Do you do those classes "non-pregnant"? I swam when preggo with Julia and working out always was hard, but made me feel better about "being fat" LOL! Good for you!!