Saturday, February 05, 2011

Wintery weather

We had an ice storm come Monday night and Tues, Wed, and Thursday the roads were ice so school was cancelled.  That is a record for school being cancelled around here.  Early Friday morning snow came so things were cancelled for that too.  We got about 4 inches I think and it sat on the layers of ice.  Surprisingly, I had a good week with the boys being couped up in the house for 4 days.  One day they spent 1 hour and 15 minutes playing with play dough and their Magic Presto dots.  I was so amazed!  I highly recommend the Magic Presto dots creature set.  They are a fun twist to play dough.

On Saturday morning, we went to the rec center where there are some "hills".  The boys went down the hill in the laundry basket and took turns sitting in Travis' lap going down on a garbage sack.  Surprisingly, both boys loved it, especially Douglas.  Harrison preferred sitting on Travis' lap to going down in the basket by himself.  Douglas loved it all, even tipping the basket at the end of the hill.  I stood at the bottom taking pictures with the camera and lens we got at Christmas.
Check out Harrison's eyes.  He's not blinking.  They are squeezed shut.  I think he's a little scared. :-)
 Harrison squeezing his eyes again.
 Travis hovering over Douglas on the trash bag, going backwards down the hill.
Proof that I was there.
It was alot of fun but we can't wait for this stuff to completely disappear.  It's supposed to snow a little tomorrow and then again on Wednesday.  Blah!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I LOVE the picture of you with your boys! Glad you guys had fun. Sounds like you've had more wintery weather than we have had!