While carrying hot facial wax to my bathroom the container decided to get a hole in it, dripping on me and spilling on my bedroom and bathroom floor. After throwing the hot container in the sink and screaming for Travis to help me get wax out of the carpet I then threw the container away and thought maybe filling the sink with hot water would help get the wax out of the sink. I left it running and searched the internet to see how to get wax out of the carpet and forgot the water. When I went back into the bathroom the sink had overflown all over the counter tops and into the drawers. We dumped the drawers out into the bathtub and am letting everything dry. The wax is SLOWLY coming out by putting a paper towel over it and ironing. I don't know if it will all come out. It will take a couple days of me repeatedly doing it to get most out. I'm so bummed about the whole situation and irritated that I am SOLELY responsible for this nightmare. This was all in the first 2 hours of my morning.
Then I went to my OB for my 36 week appointment. She said I'm 1cm dilated and that the head is still far "up there". However, I've never dilated before 38 weeks though so I'm a little nervous that this child will be early. I'm due April 5th and Travis is working on a client until April 1st. I don't want this baby before April 1st b/c I don't want Travis working alot at home when we come home from the hospital. I want him playing with the boys. My OB really wants to induce me, although she knows I'm not crazy about being induced so she wants to break my water in the hospital b/c she thinks that will put me immediately into labor and within 4 hours having the baby. I told her about Travis' client and she suggested we do it by noon on April 1st (Friday) but Travis thinks he'll still be really busy that day. The next available time to "induce" is Tuesday April 5th, my due date. She's worried and frankly I've been worried about it for months, that I may not make it to the hospital if I go into labor myself. What should I do? Have her break my waters April 1st (Friday) and just have Travis work from home the next week or wait until my due date and hope that Travis is done with the majority of his client? Also, does anyone in the Allen area have a co-sleeper I could borrow. I'm thinking of having the baby sleep with me but I'm scared to put him in bed with me. I don't want to buy one b/c I don't know if I'll like it. Let me know. Thanks
Wednesday, March 09, 2011
Morning from Hell and questions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sorry about your morning from hell. I hope the wax comes out without too much effort.
If it was me I would wait until my due date to be induced (2 days of labor with Johnny and a c-section later was not a well done induction). Of course, you have those quick labors so if you decide to wait you absolutely must have someone lined up to be available at the drop of a hat to get you to the hospital if needed and someone to watch the boys on short notice as well. I think you could arrange it all and that people will be happy to help.
I am excited to see the newest addition to the Hill family!
Oh man. That is a hard one. Personally I would rather not even have Scott there but know I am safely in a hospital than take the chance of not making it there in time and having something go wrong. Do you have family that can help a little on that weekend? I have been induced with all of my babies since Alan, I really like it. I go so fast that with Bryce I was worried that if I went into labor on my own I wouldn't make it in time. It was like 1 hour from when they broke my water to when bryce crowned.
Post a Comment