Okay, I'm honestly very disturbed by people's lack of desire to vote. Seriously, it's sad. It is your duty. If you are a U.S. citizen it is your duty. SERIOUSLY, I'm shaking by this fact. I don't care if your not happy with the candidates, there is one that you feel is better than the other, so VOTE. I don't agree with writing someone elses name in. The only two people who have a shot at winning are Obama and McCain. Decide which is the lesser of the two evils and VOTE. Absentee ballot or in the states, VOTE!! I don't mean to offend anyone. Probably half the people who read this aren't voting this year. Why? I want to know why? I personally feel strongly toward one of the parties so I always vote one way but that's me. I don't care who you vote for but you need to. If you aren't registered, then it's too late now but get registered for next time. And why aren't you registered? Seriously, why doesn't everyone take this seriously. Again, no offense, I'm sure there are things that I do or don't do that drives everyone nuts. I just feel strongly that this is a DUTY, a privilege and I wish people would take it seriously.
Below are two websites that you can find out what each candidate thinks. The first is a quick version, the second is a detailed version. Think people!! The president nominates supreme court justices. Do you want liberal or conservative judges? VOTE
Quick http://afa.net/08vg/index.html
Detailed http://ivotevalues.com/documents/pdf/2008-Party_Platform_Comparison_Guide.pdf
Our churches stand:
Ensign, 2/06 - By Elder Shirley D. Christensen Of the Seventy
Citizens of every land, where permitted, should vigorously cherish their right to vote and should act upon that privilege at every opportunity by supporting wise and honorable candidates. Good and wise leaders elected by and working cooperatively with responsible citizens will seek to protect their freedoms. Failure to actively support such candidates with one’s vote may result in leaders who are elected, as Mosiah said, by “the lesser part of the people” who may “desire that which is not right” (Mosiah 29:26). What a sacred privilege and responsibility is ours to participate with other like-minded people to ensure that basic freedoms are preserved wherever we reside.The Lord holds us accountable for establishing governments and freedoms in our society wherever we live (see D&C 134:1, 5), and we live to the extent possible under. Again, it's our DUTY.
(How many times did I say "seriously"?)
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Seriously people
Posted by
Crystal
at
9:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Um, I caught about 6-7 seriously's in there... it was reminding me of the "Seriously?" segment on SNL's Weekend Update :) It's true though. Voting is our duty and privilege. I'll see you at the polls next month!
7. That is how many times you said, "seriously" including the title and the question.
I would like you to know that our absentee ballots are in the mail so you can rest assured that we have exercized our right to vote. And we have fulfilled our duty.
I hope you are happy with that. Even though I don't have too much interest in either candidate I do feel that one is worse than the other so I voted.
But thanks for reminding us that we all need to vote. Sometimes we just need a little gentle or not so gentle push to do our duty. I like the guilt trip that you added at the end by quoting a general authority. If I hadn't already been convinced then I would be now. Whoever said that guilt trips don't work was totally wrong.
I completely agree with everything you said - especially about choosing the "lesser of two evils". I am not thrilled about the candidate of my party, but I have serious concerns with the other candidate, and therefore I feel VERY strongly about voting. How sad for people to sit by and think that their vote doesn't make a difference - it does!
Well, I'm planning to vote even if my vote doesn't make much a difference here in Texas. I did not vote 4 years ago--but I had just delivered a baby 2 days before so I think I was excused. :) I didn't realize but in some other places (such as Australia) you are required to!
Amen sista! I will be voting!
OK OK I'll vote.
Just got my absentee ballot in the mail! I'm filling it in tonight!
Ha ha! That SNL Weekend Update WAS hilarious!!! I'm headed to the polls Monday for early voting. I love getting the "I VOTED" sticker.
I'll wear the I VOTED sticker proud!
I am willing to stand in a line with two small children to vote! ;)
Love you Crystal, you make me proud, hope everyone heeds your warning. Grandma
Post a Comment