Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Big 1

Today Douglas is 1 year old!!! It seems like it has only been like 6 months. He's such a fabulous boy. We love him alot! We celebrated his birthday Sunday with his grandparents, great grandparents, and a great aunt and uncle. He hit the jackpot with gifts! Travis and I only got him one toy because I spent so much on new clothes and carseat, however, everyone else made up for it.

He had to check out his cool new toys in between opening presents!

Here is his spoils, minus the clothes and carseat.

For his birthday cake I attempted to make a carousel cake. The cookie cutters wound up being to big, but I think it still looks cute.


Douglas was very careful with his cupcake. We had to help him a little.


We'll celebrate today by having lunch with Daddy, taking his push along fire truck on a walk, and maybe visiting Grandma and Grandpa again. We sure do love you Douglas!!

11 comments:

Jen said...

I know I always say it, but he's so cute! I just want to squeeze his little cheeks. Good work on the cake, it looks yummy. And I believe I recognize that shirt...is it the one you got when I was there in February? You look fantastic in it!

Brianne said...

Happy birthday Dougie! Wow, that year went by fast. Looks like a great party and lots of fun toys. What a big boy!

Sarah said...

happy birthday douglas!!!! I've been thinking about you all day! the cake looks great!

Melissa said...

Dougie hit the jackpot! It looks like you all had a great day! Happy Birthday!

~Jen~ said...

Happy birthday Douglas!

-Laura- said...

Happy Birthday Douglas!!! Wow, how can you be one when it seems like you were just born yesterday? Looks like a great party!

Rhonda said...

Wow that did go fast! He made out good. I think the cake is very cool.

Becky said...

Happy Birthday, Dig Doug! Crystal, he is such a lucky boy to have parents and grandparents who spoil him on such an important day! And the cake looked great!

Shelley said...

When can Emma come play with all the cool toys Douglas racked up! You did a great job on the cake!

Ku'ulei said...

Still can't believe he is one! He sure did load up on the goods. :) Cool cake too

Emily said...

Oh my goodness, that year flew by!! Happy Birthday Douglas! What a cute 1 year old!