Friday, October 05, 2007

Pictures

Where do you get your kids pictures taken? Do you have a package or membership with the studio? Just thinking ahead for Douglas' 1 year photos next month.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Well, I have used walmart and it was decent, but only if you get the advertised package. The sheets are too expensive.

We usually use JC Penney. How good it goes all depends on the photographer. You can get sheets for $3.99 each of a package for like $7.99. If it is just Douglas, there is no sitting fee. We got a membership so we could do family pictures and pictures of both girls together without paying a sitting fee.

I would love to try a place like Kiddie Kandids, but I don't want to pay the price.

Brianne said...

I'd like to know this too. I have only ever taken Ben one time to a photographer because John thinks it's a waste of money when we have a good camera of our own. But, as he's gotten older, it's much harder to wrangle him and be the photographer too so I'm giving up! The one time I did take him was at Walmart of all places and they turned out alright. My sister has used JC Penney and Sears memberships and they always seem to turn out nice. I think that's what we'll probably end up doing so we can get a "real" family picture done soon.

-Laura- said...

I've done Kiddie Kandids, Sears, and the Picture People. Both Kiddie Kandids and Sears have done a GREAT job, but they're a little pricey. The Picture People has been a luck of the draw for me. I got a GREAT one of Janelle when she was about 18 months there, but then the ones I got of Spencer as a newborn weren't that great. If you register your child on the Kiddie Kandids website they'll send you a free 8x10 and I think 20% off your purchase for their birthday.

Brynn said...

It was good to see you yesterday! I'll send those pictures of Travis soon!

Rhonda said...

Like Laura said Luck of the Draw...I think it is like that for every place! I had tried Picture People and JcPenney and had a horrible experience at both. It is mostly due to the photographer. At JcPenney the photographer was awful and at the picture place they made us wait forever so Kacey was ticked and then the photographer didn't help in the session. So I would suggest finding a good referral on a photographer cause that can really make or break it from my experience.

Jen said...

Although I understand the desire to have a professional take pictures for you, I think all of the pictures you post are so adorable. I guess that's what happens when you have such a photogenic little cutie.

~Jen~ said...

Well, you saw my recommendation for picture people. I have used Sears, JCPenny, Walmart and The Picture People.

I COMPLETELY agree that the photographer really makes the difference. So since I'm not in the area I can't tell you about the ones there. One of my baby gifts when I was pg with Bella was a membership to The Picture People and I just like their style of photography. I did have 1 bad experience there due to a photographer but I have found a girl I really like.

As far as appointment times do your best to go at an uncrowded time of the week and year. November pictures are PACKED with everyone going for Christmas. You may want to do pictures a few weeks before his actual birthday b/c of that reason.

I find if I go during the day during the week while school is in they are alot less busy and I learned that Sear's doesn't charge any sitting fee during the week.

Picture people has free sitting fees no matter the # of people but the sheets are more expensive. I go there for my milestone pictures b/c I don't buy a ton of them. Also I go for fun things like Bella's dance recital and Halloween b/c I literally just get 1 picture and it is the free one from the coupon. No cost!

I'm having family pictures done in November (bad timing for business I know) and I think we'll go to Sear's b/c of the free sitting for all of us and cheaper sheets. I want to get alot of sheets for christmas presents so that is why I am choosing a cheaper place.

Sorry this is a book.

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

i like sears...but we usually have a coupon where we don't have to pay the sitting fee...plus you get online photos free....

Bec said...

this is a little late..but i have gone to jc penny..wal-mart...target..and kiddie-kandids....kiddie kandids is by far the best. the other ones are not great quality and i had crappy photographers....also at kiddie kandids black and white or cepia or cropping or whatever doesn't cost extra and everywhere else it does..like A TON more...and even though they are pricey there packages are alot better and you get more than one pose and you can always get some kind of coupon...

Ku'ulei said...

Crystal! If you want we can arrange a date and I'll come take pictures of your cute little guy. It would be fun and I'll come to you. It's better if they're in a familliar environment around things they know. Let me know if that sounds like something you want to do and we'll arrange it. Just email me! :)