Thursday, May 31, 2007

Walking

Why am I posting so soon? I don't like going to my blog and immediately seeing poop!! (see post below) Besides, I have something way more important to share.

I know babies are born with the natural reflex to put one foot in front of the other but that goes away soon like the other natural reflexes they are born with (I read that in a book). However, Douglas is quite the champion at walking. Once he gets enough strength to support himself, he'll be up and going in no time. Travis and I are quite impressed with how all we have to do is hold his hands (to stablize him) and he knows exactly what to do with those feet. He puts one in front of the other with OUT us helping him. We are quite proud of our little one.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, that IS amazing!!!!! Hannah won't even do one step like that. What a big boy he is, I would be proud too! Way to go Douglas!

-Laura- said...

You are one strong kid, Douglas!! Way to go! Watch out, Crystal, he's going to be walking all by himself before you know it!

~Jen~ said...

I agree Crystal, the poop was gross! (but funny)

Way to go Douglas! But be careful what you wish for, you may wish he were just crawling when he's running all over your house at such an early age.

Emily said...

Amazing! Babies amaze me, I think it is so cool how they learn so quick!