On Saturday we went on a train ride from Grapevine to the Fort Worth Stockyards. Douglas didn't cooperate so well on the ride there but on the ride back he was fabulous. I had never been to the Stockyards before. I was slightly disappointed. They need more tourist attractions there. Nevertheless, it was fun to do something new.
Today after church we tried out the new little swimming pool my mom bought for Douglas. We got in at 5:30 and it was pretty cold. We were surprised that Douglas seemed to enjoy it. However, we didn't stay long b/c I chickened out so Douglas and I transferred to a nice warm bath. We will try again tomorrow in the heat of the day. Church was kind of fun today. Douglas used to just sleep through church so I could stay in sacrament meeting and Relief Society. The past 2 months I've missed most of the lessons at church because I'm walking the halls with him. I thought that phase didn't start until a little later. Today in Relief Society we sat next to this baby who was born the same day as Douglas. Douglas kept reaching over trying to grab his shirt. Then I gave Douglas a chew toy and Douglas went to town on it and making loud noises at the same time. I had to leave b/c he was being so loud, I'm just glad he wasn't fussing. I miss the days where he just slept through church!! Oh well

5 comments:
How fun! I can't wait until my parents heat their pool so I can take Kacey swimming. I already got baby floaty stuff and everything.
Oh fun! We need to set up our pool! I don't know why I haven't thought about that yet!
And I was very disappointed in the Stockyards myself. We don't plan to go back there anytime soon....
Hey Crystal- Spencer has that same little yellow and blue outfit. How funny! We need to go and get a pool! We threw ours away from last year, time for a replacement.
Laura, we threw away our pool too, It got so yucky, so Jeff took a knife to it. It was so sad to watch!
Anyway Crystal-- I went to the Stockyards last year via the Grapevine Railroad and loved it. The ride was great (but sizzlin' hot, it was july) and the Stockyards were a little dull... I have that same picture of myself standing in front of that crazy cow with the lipstick. We were there with out of town company so everything was a thrill! We were laughing at the run of the longhorns... they had cops there before the run took place saying "Back up! Back up!" and then, there were like 3 longhorn slowly walking down the street. We just laughed and laughed. Did you get to see it?? I'm sure you laughed too.
It looks like you guys are enjoying your summer so far. It was good to hear from you the other day on our blog. I graduated in English (technical writing) just to answer your question. I hope everything is going well. Have a fun summer!
Post a Comment