Thursday, March 31, 2011

Luke Dean Hill



So I wasn't due until April 5 but because Harrison was only a 2 hour labor and I was only at the hospital for 17 minutes before he was born, the doctor wanted to induce me to be sure I made it to the hospital and had a more controlled labor.  I came to the hospital at 7:30am but because I had eaten breakfast they couldn't do anything with me until noon.  The doctor came at 12:10 and broke my water.  I was dilated to a 5.  Then after an hour I had an epidural.  I had contemplated going natural like with Harrison but then I thought, why?  Why go through pain when I didn't have to?  I guess it slowed me down a little so they gave me a little pitocin. The epidural was so nice.  However around 2 I could feel contractions again and then immediately went to wanting to push so I didn't have too much pain medicine for the pushing and it hurt but I only tore a little.  I got to hold him immediately before they cleaned him and I loved it.  It was the first child I could do that with.  He also nursed right away.  I so hope he is a good nurser.  He hasn't been to the nursery either.  He's so cute.  So after a 2 hour 15 min labor here are the stats

Luke Dean Hill
8lbs 13oz
(smallest of the boys by 1 oz, also same size as Travis at birth)
20.5 in long
Dark Hair


Luke is not a family name.  I just liked it and around 25 weeks along Douglas and I were calling the him Luke.  Dean is after my step-dad.  That's about it.  I did have an oxygen mask this labor, which was  amazing.  I guess I have low blood pressure and epidurals tend to make blood pressure lower and I started getting woozy.  It was a nice labor.  The epidural was very nice.  I will definetely have my 4th baby induced b/c I'd much rather have this controlled labor vs. Harrison's not controlled birth.  

10 comments:

Kelli Brewer said...

Congrats!!

Brooke said...

Congratulations Crystal and Travis! He is beautiful and I'm so happy the delivery went well. We miss you guys!

Jen said...

Congratulations! He's so precious!

(We don't have a name for our little man yet, but if it turns out to be Luke don't be mad...it's been a favorite since Will was born.)

Becky said...

I love the name even though it isn't a family name. I'm so glad that your labors are relatively easy and that all went well. You are very blessed! I can't wait to meet him in a few months.
P.S. I just realized that my last e-mail response got saved as a draft instead of sent so I'll respond again and make sure it makes it.
Take care and post more pics soon!

Brianne said...

Congrats! What a little cutie pie. Love the name too. Hope you are both doing well and getting some rest!

Amanda said...

Congrats - glad it went so well.

Mindy said...

He is so beautiful! I'm glad things went well. Congratulations!

brittany said...

Congrats! What an adorable little boy. Luke had the same stats as Jackson 8 13 and 20.5 inches long. He is destined to grow up to be a handsome boy. So glad it was a better experience for you.

Kelly S said...

Congrats Crystal!!! You have a beautiful family :) Luke is precious, as is Douglas and Harrison ;)

Unknown said...

Congrats! I agree. Induced labor is awesome.