Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Tot School

Oh I can't wait for summer, even the blazing heat b/c that means less sickness.  After our family bout of a stomach bug Harrison has a cold, possible croup this week. However, with the beautiful weather today, we went to a park twice.
 Anyways, here are some things we did for Tot school the past few weeks.  The week of our stomach bug we did nothing but watch TV and I can't tell you how ready I was to turn it off by the end of the week.
First off, look at my sick babies.  Since we spent most of the time in bed or on the couch we had to vomit-proof it with towels and blankets. Harrison is wearing a bib in case he throws up and I'm not by.  Also, Douglas was forced to carry a bowl with him everywhere, hence the white bowl on the couch.
Don't worry, I threw our vomit bowls in a bleach bath and then, hand washed them and then put them in the dishwasher.
We made chocolate snowman spoons for our hot chocolate.
Number count with Valentine hearts.  I couldn't keep Harrison away from the candy.
Egg Carton Shakeup: write the numbers 1-6 twice, there is a clear rock in there, close and Douglas tosses in the air, open up and he identifies which number the rock is on
There are multiple pages so the whole alphabet is covered.  I say a sound and Douglas finds the letter that makes that sound and puts a "snowball" aka marshmallow on the letter.  Harrison wouldn't leave the marshmallows alone and just kept saying, "Mo, mo, mo" (more)
The letter V was at our house for our co-op preschool, we made vest, decorated visors, and did a volcano.
I was too busy to get a picture of the eruption but they loved it.
The other side has #s 5-8.  Douglas put corresponding stickers
Hammering Alpha: Douglas found the letters and hammered into their place.  I can't tell you how much Douglas enjoyed this simple activity.  While hammering we identified the letter and sound.
AlphaStrip: match alpha to alpha while identifying letter & sound.
I wrote the ABCs randomly and Douglas matched stickers to them.  He got bored after 4.  I think next time I'll do 6 letters at a time and write them bigger.
Writing practice: inside a page protector w/ dry erase marker.  Douglas enjoys these but I have little patience for them b/c hes not very good at this and needs alot of my help.   What you see is the easiest page.  There are about 3 more types behind it.
Twizzler Shapes:  Pull apart twizzlers on shape printouts in page protectors.  Of course Douglas loves this.  We haven't done this in a couple months but we will again this week.  $10 says Harrison will be all over this too!  ;-)
Just a reminder that NONE of these are my orginial thoughts.  I got everything from other blogs.

3 comments:

Mom said...

My grandsons are sooooo lucky to have such a fun mom like you!

Lois Lane said...

Ditto your mom!

Jen said...

I don't care if they were someone else's ideas...the fact that you sit down and do them with those boys is awesome! You're my hero.