Monday, February 01, 2010

Girlboy

While playing with his friend (a girl) today and riding on a horse he said, I'm a girlboy. I said oh, a cowboy. He said, no, a girlboy. Oh great. I think our son is having gender issues and the following might be why.
Notice the lovely Snow White dress he is wearing.
What an excellent cleaner, he even gets under the rug.  Don't know where he got that from.
He did NOT want to take off the dress and everytime we go to Elena or Elly's house he always puts on a dress.  Should I be concerned?  :-)

6 comments:

Jen said...

Awesome that he cleans under the rug. I sure don't do that.

Sarah said...

Hahaha! love it!

We have a little boy who often does the same things at our house!

Teryl said...

No don't be concerned. He is just exploring. But you could get him some cool boy dress ups like Superman, and he might like those.

Becky said...

He does make such a beautiful little boygirl! James thinks he is a fairy (he uses random objects as wings) and a princess (he uses J-L's chew toys as crowns). He has a girl cousin that he just adores who is into that stuff. I think it is just lovely that Dougie is man enough to be in touch with his feminine side!
Just remember to put these pics into the folder labeled "Things to show future girlfriends"

-Laura- said...

Haha! No worries. Spencer LOVES to play with Janelle's dress up shoes...you know, the sparkly pink and purple ones?

Zach and Codi said...

ok, so this may come as suprise to you, but I may or may not have dressed up as a girl a lot when I was younger to. He will grow out of the stage, but be sure to throw away all of the pictures of any memories of this stage. But number one thing, do not show it to his fiance when she meets you guys for the first time, like a certain family I know did.