This week marks the beginning of my least favorite time of the year...Busy Season. Usually, b/c of the client Travis is on, he leaves for work about 8:30am so he's able to hang out with the kids for an hour in the morning. The kids and usually me are asleep when he gets home (as late as 2am). This week Travis has had to work downtown so he leaves before the kids wake and gets home after they are asleep. It's only been 3 days but Douglas came to me this morning and the following occured.
Douglas: Where's Daddy?
Me: He's at work.
Douglas: Why doesn't he want to come home?
Me: He did come home after you were asleep and left before you woke up.
Douglas: I just want to hug and kiss him.
So sad.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
So sad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That is SO sad. I hope that busy season passes quickly for all of you!
awww, that is so sad!!!! at least you know how much he loves his dad!
So sad! Good luck getting through busy season! I really feel for you, Mike had similar (not no where near as bad) experience in his EY group! I always dreaded the change in hours...but like I said it was nothing in comparison!
We are feeling it too! Too bad I'm not there to go through it with you. James thinks that Brian is "stuck" at work since it snowed and he really did get stuck for a while. Unfortunately (for me) James tries to wait up for Brian and is not going down as easily as usual. Fortunately, Brian does get home before I go to bed.
Good luck with this busy season. Remember it is just a "season" and not forever!
Heart breaking! I really don't want that to happen when we have kids but I have a feeling it will! Craig works for EY and it's busy season for him right now too...Where is Travis working? Is he tax or audit?
-Erica
That is sad...hang in there.
Post a Comment