I've started a couple new things with Douglas. We've started doing crafts. He loves them and so do I. A blog I found has ton of preschool type crafts and sometimes books that correspond to the craft. Last week we checked out a book on garbage trucks and then made a garbage truck. Douglas sponged painted on the cardboard I cut out. He enjoyed it. We talked about the squares, circles and triangle that made up the truck. He also made a cute flower with water colors and today we did the letter E. He colored the E while I cut out eggs from misc. paper. He also used an egg and bunny stamp on it.
This is something we will definitely continue. I've made a schedule of crafts to do this month with him and things to teach.
The other thing we started today is muffin tin meals. I saw it once and didn't thing of it much until I found this blog. Every Monday is "Muffin tin Monday". She puts out a theme and gears the meal toward that theme. It is put in a muffin tin. I thought it was such a cute, clever break from the ordinary. So we will start doing Muffin tin Tuesdays b/c I want to see what people do on Monday. The theme this week was Easter/spring. Here is Douglas' meal.
Starting at the top left: drink, peeps bird, "bird nest"/spaghetti, pistachio pudding with sprinkles, bunny face bread, lady bug apple


9 comments:
That's a cool idea. I can't believe all the creative stuff people come up with. How do they think of this stuff?
Such cool ideas! love the muffin tin idea! So awesome. I'm going to have to start that. What is the craft blog you found??? I need some ideas! :)
that is so cute!!! I love it! my girls would think it was fun, but they probably would still struggle eating things (at least kathryn!)
Where is the preschool craft blog?
You did a great job!! If you don't mind, I'll include yours in our list!!
And feel free to join us next neek, there is no theme, and you can still post on tuesday and i'll add it, just leave me a comment!
Cute projects! What blog did you get all your ideas from? I made a garbage truck with Spencer this morning (it's trash day) and he LOVED it! We had to make two of them! Thanks for sharing!
And I love the muffin tin meal, Janelle would totally love that...Spencer on the other hand probably wouldn't eat anything I put in it. :) Darn picky eater.
Great muffin tin!
I’m late, but finally got ours up here!
So fun and what great memories!! I love crafts with the kids too! There is a TON of preschool sites out there. www.letteroftheweek.com and www.preschoolbystormie.com has some great FREE ideas I've used with the girls. What a neat thing to do with your son! :-)
Who died and made you queen of the moms? Wow! You are really going all out. Dougie is such a lucky ducky.
Oh, and Happy Easter too!
OK, I have read enough - YOU ARE SUPER MOM!
Post a Comment