I'm tickled pink (or should I say blue) that I have boys back to back. Harrison loves Douglas and vice versa. I'm so excited for when they can play together. Lately it seems like Douglas gets the most laughs out of Harrison. I was driving in the car today and Douglas was doing the following routine,
Douglas looking the opposite direction says a random word. Then he turns to look at Harrison and laughs like he just said something hilarious. That simple routine somehow gets Harrison to laugh. The thing is, Douglas' laugh is totally fake and if it weren't so sweet that he was trying to make his brother laugh, then the fakeness would be obnoxious.
Anyway, I've totally been enjoying Douglas lately. (Sometimes he gets in his Daddy only phase & that's not so enjoyable.) Douglas has been returning the "I love yous" recently. Randomly he'll just say, "I love you Mama". And when I say I love you first, he says, "I love you too Mama." Just reading this it doesn't sound like much but his sweet voice saying those words is priceless. Anyways, Douglas is doing fabulous. He's a bouncing ball of energy. He's also consistent with the letter name and sounds on 21 of the letters. He also is a Nemo freak. That's the only movie he'll sit and watch the whole thing.
I just wanted to do this post b/c I feel like the posts have been Harrison heavy and Douglas is just too special, fantastic, and utterly wonderful (okay, I'm his biased mama) to neglect.

6 comments:
Cute cute cute. Brotherly love is the best.
I'm glad mommyhood is treating you so well. I hope it does the same for me when I have two little dudes around. We miss y'all lots!
that is SO cute! I love it! I'm glad they enjoy each other!
It's so fun when kids enjoy each other!
Cute boys! They are getting so big!
Man, Harrison sits so well for a 6 month old! You have such cute boys. I love the matching shirts (of course).
Post a Comment