We have been just down right awful about taking pictures of Harrison. With Douglas we had about a hundred pictures right now. I've kept Harrison in a diaper and his hospital tshirt everyday. So without a cute outfit, I've been less motivated to take pictures. Plus with the second child, sleeping all day isn't that fascinating to us like it was with Douglas. And lastly, I just don't think the pictures do him justice. Here they are anyway.
Warming up in the hospital nursery.
Douglas with his Big Brother Shirt.
Douglas patting Harrison's belly.
Cuddling after nursing (my favorite part)
I have a bunch of pictures of Douglas to post. I'll do that in a couple of days. We are having problems with Douglas though. It started yesterday. He's been really defiant. He's usually such a mild manner kid. I make sure to spend time with him and Travis does an excellent job of that as well. He likes to kiss Harrison's head and doesn't seem negative toward him. I know this is an adjustment for him but it's extremely trying right now. Any suggestions?

9 comments:
Ha! I am the first commenter today! Just in time to go to bed too.
He is so squeezable looking. I love his fat face! He actually does look pretty filled in for a newborn. And I totally agree, I cannot see much resemblence to Dougie but like we discussed, you never can tell till they get older. He is just so precious. Kiss him for me!
Okay, so I love that Dougie has a super uncomfortable look on his face as he is patting Harrison. It is just so Dougie. I love his expressions.
I can tell you now that Harrison is going to feel extremely shafted if you do not take some pictures of him. (Even if they don't do him justice or if he is in the same outfit every day.) I was a second child and there are no pictures of me either. My mom even told me that the pictures from the hospital were too ugly to buy. I don't care. I want them anyway! Just letting you know so that you can take some more for his sake when he gets older. He will want to see that he was loved too! And a picture is worth a thousand words, after all.
Please, please, please, keep the pictures coming. (Seriously, I am begging here.)
have you read any of the Love and Logic books? I have only read the one for toddlers, but I have heard good things about the other ones. They have helped us be able to work with our independent seeking child much more than against her, which for us was a breakthrough. I recommend getting it from the library and at least skimming it to see if it might be helpful to you. Good luck, and know that with time everything will work out and they'll move on to a whole new stage where you don't know what to do with them :) Ah...parenthood
I forgot to tell you how much I love his head! All the hair! I just wish I could sniff him and squeeze him. Dang it!
So I LOVE LOVE LOVE that he has rolls already. Baby rolls are the best!
As far as Douglas goes, just hang in there, it will even out. Just be sure you give him time and then give him some time to adjust and I'm sure he'll get back to normal.
You're right -- seeing Harrison in person is much better. :) He is so cute and so tan! Douglas just has to adjust to a huge family dynamic change so it will take time. You won't have the time or energy to do as much with him as you did before. But maybe you can introduce something that he will like, like say a fun cartoon or something else entertaining. Good luck! And let me know if I can help you watch the baby or Douglas.
he is just precious! glad everything has gone so well - so far! douglas is just getting into a rough age (2 was by far the hardest year for me with ben x 10!). the best advice my doctor gave me before i had annie was that ben would hit the baby, probably over and over and to be prepared for that. he said he might be really nice and sweet for a few weeks nad then one day he would just consistenly poke, prod, hit, etc. he said the thing to remember is the older child is not doing it to be mean, but to see what kind of reaction it makes (either from you or from baby). He was 100% right! Things will ease out soon - just like gas prices trying to find a happy medium - douglas knows you aren't all there and he will adjust and you will adjust and harrison will also. just smile and remember you are doing the best you can and life is NOT supposed to be easy or perfect and we feel the closest to Heavenly Father when we are in our trials! love you and keep it up!
I'm with Becky, keep the pictures coming. I love the few that I have of myself at that age. I don't know about the adjustments but I do know that my sister has had to deal with some hitting from her older child to the younger one as well. Good luck. You'll be a pro when I need advice.
Crystal He is so adorable!!! I love the pictures! Can't wait to hold him! Let me know when I can come steal Douglas for you. Erin needs a playdate!
Your baby is just too cute. I can't wait to see him. Thanks for posting pictures.
Post a Comment