I'm 40 weeks 2 days today. I went to the doctor today and hoped to schedule an induction for this Friday but the soonest they have is Tuesday the 9th, a whole 5 days away!!! I'm very sad and a little mad. I did the whole 41 weeks and then induced with Douglas. Do I really have to do this again?? What's wrong with my body? It just holds on to things. I'd rather the baby be late and forced out then super early though so I should count my blessings there. Nothing has changed in a week either. I'm still 3-4cm, 50% effaced, and the head is down but still floating high. The sonographer thinks he's 9lbs though. That doesn't surprise me b/c Douglas was 8lbs 14oz at 41 weeks/birth. This baby has the fattest cheeks. Anyways, I sure hope and pray that I don't make it to Tuesday. I'm sulking right now by dipping my chocolate chip cookies in whole milk. (I don't go above 1%, so that should say something,right?) :-) Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Go jump on a trampoline!
Forty-one weeks is not fun!! Hang in there!
Oh poor Crystal!!! My doctor would totally induce you a week early if you asked him to! Cookies sound good! :) Walking does the trick for me, but apparently it only works if you are progressing. I'll pray for you. :)
WHAT!
Crystal, I just clicked on your blog and expected to see a baby!
Spicy food (a chili dog worked for me), 3 flights of stairs, and vaccuum.
Ugh...you poor thing! Keep busy and we'll all be hoping you don't have to wait until Tuesday!
Good luck! Just remember: The baby is always easier to take care of inside than out! :)
Andrew was 5 days late and I was ready once I hit the due date. But definitely much easier in then out. Think, another day or two with Douglas all by himself.
Ok, so try sex and eggplant parm. And think slippery thought!!! Love ya, and hoping you have that baby soon!
You poor soul! You keep right on eating those cookies and whole milk. I keep checking your blog thinking, "Surely she's in the hospital by now!" I'll pray for you too. :)
so I go to sleep thinking this...
Post a Comment