Friday, September 12, 2008

Busy busy Dougie

My parents were so kind to take Douglas last Thursday-Saturday while Travis and I got out of the hospital and spent some time with Harrison at home. One of the reasons Douglas loves spending time with them is that they are constantly on the go, keeping him entertained 24/7. The city fire department had something going on Saturday so Douglas got to see a real fire truck and get on it. They said that Douglas was "driving" the truck and having a good ole time but every time a person came by he'd stop. If you know Douglas then you know how perfect that fits his personality. The boy is very WEARY/SHY of strangers and he has a classic look where he puts his hand to his mouth when shy. Here are some pictures.

Having a great time "driving". (no one around)

Someone new came by. (hand in mouth)

Also on Saturday they took Douglas to my uncle's house to show him the horse and cow. The horses name is Sugar and apparently they fed him an apple b/c he keeps saying "Sugar, apple." This was a friendly horse b/c he followed them like a dog. I guess he got right behind them and Douglas was a little uncomfortable.
They also put together a tricycle but I'll post about that later. To end this post, here is a picture I took today of Douglas and Harrison. Harrison was on the couch and Douglas came right up and laid his head next to Harrisons, just staring at him. Douglas loves to touch Harrison.

5 comments:

kim&ryan said...

Cute pictures of Doug but I love the one of harrison and him. Precious moments :)

~Jen~ said...

That last picture is SO cute!

Sarah said...

Aww, I'm glad he had so much fun! That last picture is so sweet!

angela said...

Aren't gparents great!!!

Becky said...

Dougie looks so darn happy with no one around. I don't think he could be happier about riding that fire truck. He is lucky to have such great grandparents. No wonder our kids get bored with us as parents. If only we would just entertain them 24/7, we would be golden. Silly us. Why didn't we think of it sooner?
I love that picture of Dougie with Harrison. Beautiful.