Today Douglas is officially 18 months old. He went to church nursery last Sunday for the first time and did great. I'm relieved about that. Today he went to the doctors and it looks like he's taking after his dad. He's 22.6 pounds (10%) and 33in long (70%). Still a skinny fellow but what did I expect? The doctor said he seems to be right on track, even with his talking. She only asked if he said 6-10 words. I asked if that included his animal vocab and she looked at me strangely. :-) But in English words he says Mama (doing that more lately), Dada, see, silly, cheese, lawnmower, vacuum, and strawberry. Notice how difficult the last 3 are? Ask him to say bus or ball or something else small and he doesn't. But boy if it is something he really likes, he'll say it, or something real close. I'm so thrilled that his language development has picked up the last couple of months! He's doing great in every aspect. He is the biggest ham around people he knows. We went to my cousins birthday party and they gave Douglas his old jeep. Douglas is too short to reach the petal yet so Travis is rigging up a double block of wood to put on top. See the video below.
In other Hill boys news, the baby is doing great. The second best news is that my cervix has not shortened yet and my fluid looks normal! I go back in 4 more weeks for another sono and that should be the best predictor as to whether I'll repeat those issues again. I sure hope not. So at 23 weeks and 4 days (last Thursday), the baby weighed 1 lb 7 oz. He moves all the time! I feel him so much more than I ever did Douglas but I believe that's b/c I don't have high fluid like I did with Dougie. I can't wait to meet this little one! Here is a picture of me at 24 weeks.
And here are some pictures.

12 comments:
You look great! Glad all is well! I love the little playground in the back...we are currently looking for one...on craigs list.
I'm glad that Dougie is saying his quota of words now. He gets more adorable every time I see him. And that's awesome that he went into nursery fine!
First, that's not a jeep...hehe. And second, I love that I'm only a couple of weeks behind you with our little guy cuz I like to see what I get to look forward to. I feel him kick all the time now too. I'm loving this!
Oh brother Jen. Jeep, 4-wheeler, you get the picture. :-)
I'm glad things are still going well for the pregnancy so far! Hopefully you won't have any problems!!!
That video is super cute! I'm glad Dougie is up to speed. He really is saying more and more every day.
You look so cute pregnant. I want to be like you when I get pregnant again. I don't think it will happen though.
See you soon!
I love those hand-me-downs. We also got one of those jeeps as a hand-me-down - it is fabulous, I just wish we had as big of a yard to ride it around in (we have to go to the park). He's doing so well on it for only being 18 months. I checked in on him during nursery, and you're right, he was doing great! I was happy to see him smiling.
Yay Crystal! Your blog looks great, and your photos are darling. I can barely tell you are pregnant! That is SUCH a good thing the second time around. ;)
Ok. I have a confession. I have had a kid crush on Dougie ever since I took his pictures. He just gets cuter! I love the pictures and the video.
I'm praying for you that your pregnancy continues to go well! Love the belly shot. :)
I love your new header! It is so cute....and true!
Cute new layout! I like the pic at the top - You look great prego!
Nice new background. It makes me want to switch mine up a bit.
Post a Comment