Friday Douglas took his first couple of steps without holding onto anything. Today he started taking 3 or 4 steps before falling. We were able to get him "running" to my mom. He is just a little over 9 months old. I could be wrong but I believe he will be walking by 10 or 10.5 months. He's standing longer on his own each day. It's so fun to watch him grow. I just can't believe that my baby has taken his first steps already!!
Click on the arrows to play!
It looks like Travis' hands are still holding him at the start but he lets go immediately. It's all Douglas!!!!!

8 comments:
That is so cute, him running and all. Have you guys babyproofed the house and all? I am not really ready for Xander to crawl really fast and walk. I am not ready to babyproof and stuff. I just want him to stay in the stage he is at. Maybe my mind will change when he eventually decides rolling around is boring.
Way to go Douglas! You are one cute little walker! Spencer was a 10-month-old walker too. Watch out, your whole world is just about to change!
Laura, that is what I was going to say!
Get out the baby proofing supplies... it's all fair game if it's out.
Milestones are so much fun! Just wait until he is singing his ABC's and learning how to tie his shoes.
Oh man, push that kid over! I know that sounds bad, but I promise you don't want him walking yet (although it's very cute). Life is much simpler before they learn to walk. I know it's no use saying this though, because we were the same way with Ben. You just can't wait for them to reach all their milestones and grow up, but then you realize they grow up much too fast all on their own!
It really is cute though!
Wow...so impressed!!! He's kinda fast too!
I agree with all of the above! I ALWAYS thought that walking wouldn't change much...watch out! Now that Maddie walks it isn't so much that I'm chasing her around, but that I'm constantly running around behind her cleaning up the mess! I find things EVERYWHERE now! I was doing laundry yesterday and found granola bars and bubble wands in the darks, then later found ALL of my tupperware in the trash!
That being said, he is so cute! That seems really early to be walking! Good job Douglas!
I can't believe how big Douglas is getting! I hope we get to see him at Thanksgiving time in Denver. Crystal thanks for the good review, hopefully I'll hear from the school soon!
Post a Comment