Friday, June 08, 2007

One Sweet Ride

We bought ourselves bikes for Christmas 05 and didn't get to use them much because I got pregnant soon after, etc. Well, we want to start riding again so we bought a bike trailer a couple of weeks ago. I felt the trailer was safer than a seat behind us (not as far of a drop). I thought it may be hard to pull but you can't tell anything's behind you. It can seat 2 children and can convert to a running stroller, not that I plan on running. The trailer is for age 1 and up and Dougie is almost 7 months. He slumps in it so Travis thought of putting his car seat in the trailer. It's so fun to ride along side Travis pulling the trailer and talking to Douglas. I know, I'll probably crash while doing so. Well, last weekend we went for a ride. There were a few puddles from all the rain we've received and when we got back home and I was taking Douglas out I saw the puddle had splattered him. Poor little guy, he didn't seem to mind though, at least not for too long.

See, you can't even really see the splatters. It wasn't very much but there is some on his cheek, arm, and clothes.

And finally, unrelated but so cute.

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

We have been looking for one of those! Where did you get it and was it a good deal? We both love to bike but haven't since Kacey was born. Looks like fun!

Crystal said...

Rhonda, we got it at Target for $80. I thought, whew, that's pricey but if you think about it, that's what a stroller cost. What I like about it is when I do have 2 toddlers, and want to go on a walk I can use that. B/c I don't know if we'll get a double stroller or not. Anyways, we've enjoyed it so far.

Melissa said...

What beautiful eyes he has!

Emily said...

Whenever we go to Lake Tahoe we rent bikes and a trailer... I love it! The kids always fall asleep and it is a great way to ride as a family.

Brianne said...

How fun! We have one of those too and Ben LOVES going on rides. We haven't gone lately obviously, but when it cools off and Matthew gets a bit bigger, we'll definitely be out there. We'll have to take a ride together sometime...you've got some pretty good trails close to your house. Enjoy!

Seable Family said...

We have a trailer too and Jake loves it! Douglas looks like he is really enjoying your bike rides. Too cute!

Ku'ulei said...

I haven't looked at anyone's blog in a long time... So I finally started catching up with everyone. Little Douglas looks so cute and his looks have changed/matured. Boy is he a cutie! And those eyes...! Have fun with the biking.

Bec said...

oh he is soo cute! i can't wait till zach is big enough to go in one of those!