Wednesday, July 05, 2006

It's a ......

Have you ever heard of the Chinese pregnancy tracker? I didn't until my aunt showed me and she swears by it. So I checked it out and that's kind of what I've been thinking it was, even though I knew I had no real reason to think that. I want you to go to this website http://www.baby-talk.co.uk/chinese_calendar.htm and post a comment saying how many times that was true or untrue for you. I'm just curious and think its fun. Anyways it was right, we are having a beautiful boy!!! I couldn't stop smiling. I think the nurse woke him up because when she first started he was still but the more she went the more he moved. It's so amazing to see him stretch and kick and knowing that that's all happening inside of me. I haven't been able to feel him kick (or at least haven't recognized it). So, I told the nurse and asked if she could move my stomach or something to make him kick so I could see if I felt it. I think she thought I was nuts. He did kick and punch but I didn't feel it. Apparently I have an above normal amount of fluid in my placenta and that's probably why I haven't felt anything because he has lots of room. I asked what too much fluid meant and she said it could be associated with gestational diabetes. I go back for another ultrasound and the diabetes test in 6 weeks. I'm not worried about that. I'm just so happy that everything looked normal with the baby. As she was checking things and saying, "Looks normal", I just thanked Heavenly Father silently. I feel so blessed. Anyways, that's about it. I'm pretty happy right now!!!!


Here he his stretching his leg up top. His head is at the bottom and his arm is between his leg and head. Cutie!

Here's a profile of his head. The nurse drew a baseball cap on his head. I predict a hunk!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Grandson,
I can't tell you how beautiful I think you are and how excited I am that you will be here in just 19 weeks! I love you:)
Grandma

Sarah said...

Yay!!! congratulations! I'm glad everything went well!

Sarah said...

By the way, that first picture is one of the coolest I have ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Congatulations!!! Tim and I are so excited for you and Travis! I am so glad Christian will have a little boy cousin so close to his age. I am so happy for you... seeing your baby for the very first time, is the best experiance. At least for me, it gave me a much stronger connection to him... it gave me that sence of reality... and with in a month after my sonogram is when I really became more aware of his movements. Beautiful pictures... can't wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

oh... I had heard of this Chinese Calander from Tim's sister when I was pregnant. It was not accurate for me, but Tim's sister Sarah has had 2 children and it was right for both of hers.

~Jen~ said...

Congrats! I will tell you that the chinese calender has been 50/50 for me. It was wrong with Bella but right with Natalie. So - go figure. I know some people who literally plan their children around that calendar! So now you can start really planning, nursery, names, clothes...etc! Babies are so much fun, they change your life...but definitely for the better!

Brianne said...

Congrats! Boys are so much fun - a lot of work too - but FUN! Sonograms are the coolest thing, especially when your baby actually looks like a baby. How exciting for you!