Sunday, July 23, 2006

Not much happening (that's exciting)

There hasn't been much happening since the last post. We do close on our house this Tuesday. The first day we'll be able to move in will be this Saturday and we are just using that day to paint a couple rooms. We won't actually move in until Aug. 1. I'm sooooo excited. We'll post pictures within the first 3 weeks of August of our house. The excitement has been depleted a little because of the HUGE cashiers check I'll have to get tomorrow to give at the closing. I've never spent that much money and it's a little depressing. And looking at the closing documents and seeing the estimated cost of the house after interest and stuff for the 30 year mortage is deeply depressing. It makes me wonder, why buy a house. Oh well. I'm sure I'll feel better after we are in the house.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck with closing. I know EXACTLY how you feel with that cashier's check. It was very discouraging when we did the same thing... but now that we are in and all settled, it is totally worth it. I can't wait to see your house!

Natalie said...

Crystal! This is Natalie Williams aka: Nan. Now Natalie Maughan. Anyway, it was a long random process as to finding your blog, but nonetheless I stumbled upon it. Congrats on the pregnancy! That is so exciting. And way to go with the house. I'm jealous. I am excited to actually own the place we live in. Not that it will happen any time soon. I haven't seen you in forever and just wanted to congratulate you on everything.