Friday, June 16, 2006

Big purchase


We found a house!! They accepted our offer and we close on it July 25th. Here's the catch. It's 2-3 streets away from my parents house.
:-) I'm fine with it. I asked Travis if he was worried and he said he was only worried about me spending too much time there. I'll have to be very conscious of it. For those who know the neighborhood, it's right behind the Crookstons's home. It's the smallest house in the neighborhood but it's better to be the smallest in a neighborhood rather than the biggest. Those bigger houses will help our resale out. It's 3 bedroom, 2 bath. I love the kitchen because it's big and will match my fruit decor perfectly! It has a big yard too(because it's the corner lot). The yards are kind of bare so we'll have to work on that. I've been really worried about this purchase because we looked at our budget and our savings will be significantly smaller and that scares me for emergencies. I'm not worried about this house, just any house purchase in general. I've been reassured by several trustworthy people so I do feel better. It's time to grow up and live the scant life of a new family, new home. It will be good though. We'll definitely post pictures in September after we've made changes.
Thanks Jon for helping us understand and know what to look for in good faith estimates and mortgage brokers. That really helped us get a $905 cheaper estimate. We owe ya.

The left is from the entry and taken of the living and kitchen.

The right is from the kitchen looking at the living room. It's a very open floor plan. Travis really likes that. In the back of the picture is a doorway. That is the master bedroom. The kids bedrooms are the left hallway in the picture.

Dining area and kitchen.

We are very excited. We have been very blessed, it's amazing. Stay tuned next month, say around July 6th to find out whether we are having a boy or girl. Until next time....

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats! Your house looks BEAUTIFUL! I love it! The kitchen is the one thing I don't love about our house, but it's okay. It's not that big and it's not so open to the other rooms. Yours look perfect! I'm so excited for you. I am loving having a house, I know you will too!

Amanda said...

Congrats! It's so funning that you are moving in right behind my family!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the house!!! It is waaaaay nice! Good luck with the move!

Anonymous said...

Double congrats! I am a bit slow and haven't been on your blog page for a while, so I just found out that you're pregnant! That's great and that you'll have a beautiful home to start your family of three in. You guys really are growing up, eh? Our baby girl is three months now and we're moving to SLC so Sam can continue being a student, ahhhhh how I envy you and hope to someday have a home of my own... Congrats again! -Jessica (Jones) Baird