is what I've been saying over and over this afternoon. That and "I'm a horrible mom." We were at Target getting a RX. I put our grocery cart cover on the seat and set Luke in. I didn't realize that he hadn't put his feet through the holes. So his legs were scrunched up in the chair. Our backs were turned at the pharmacy and I heard a thud and Luke crying. I looked over and he was laying on his back. He fell out of the cart. We scooped him up and he stopped crying fairly soon. The pharmacist just waited. I asked how long I should keep him awake and he said to call my doctor. So I called my doctor right then and they told me to take him to the ER to get his head/neck scanned. I felt horrible and so embarrassed. What kind of mom was I?!?!?!?!?!?!
At the ER they wrapped his arms next to his side and put the robe on him to protect him and they stuck his head in to be scanned. That's when it really hit me as to how horrible I was. Here my 8 month old was getting scanned, something I have never even done. Just to think of the potential danger I put him in. I started to tear up. Well it turns out that the only thing the scan showed was an ear infection. So that was good.
The whole time I felt fairly calm and thought that everything would be okay. I can't thank Heavenly Father enough for protecting Luke. I apologized to Him for not taking better care of His son. I would die if something happened to Luke and it was my fault. I'm sooooooo thankful that Heavenly Father was watching over him.
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
"Thank you Heavenly Father"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That could happen to anyone, so I guess that's why they have the little seat belts? Don't beat yourself up...Heavenly Father is there to take care of our lack of omniscience!
You are NOT a horrible mother! I'm glad that everything is okay with Luke! Like Brynn said, don't beat yourself up!
Post a Comment