Saturday, September 11, 2010

Aug and Harrison's bday

"Douglas let me take your picture."  Nice.
One in front of house.  1st day of big preschool
Harrison's 2nd bday
Choo choo!

Weight: 26lbs 6.4oz  28%
Height: 33in  14%

He went from the 4% at 18 months to 28% in weight so go Harrison! :-)  I don't care.  If he had been 4% still, it wouldn't have bothered me but the doctor was impressed.  ECI (Early Childhood Intervention) comes by once a week now b/c he's not talking much.  Let me rephrase that, hes not saying many 2 word phrases.  He leaves off a lot of ending sounds or beginning sounds in words but ECI says thats completely normal and gave me a chart of sounds he should be saying at each age and whether that sound is at the beginning or end of the word so he seems alright there.  He'll repeat almost anything you ask him to say, it just doesn't always sound like it.  :-)  He's very good at imaginary play and he's beginning to work on colors and shapes.  I hadn't bothered to work on it with him until now.  He's going to start "Tot school" with me next week.  I am making a flannel board, tot books, and all sorts of "learning games" for him.  He can't say much but he understands for sure.  In other exciting news, he's caught up on his vaccinations, according to standard vaccination schedule.  I started him on an alternative vaccination schedule at birth b/c I don't completely agree with standard vaccination schedules and he's finally caught up.

I just love Harrison.  What a tremendous blessing he is to our family.  What knowledge (of course) Heavenly Father had in sending Harrison as our second child.  He really is the life of the party here.  We keep saying he's going to be the class clown.  He is HILARIOUS.  He'll do something and Douglas will look at me and just laugh.  This kid is hot and cold too.  He's a ball of hilariousness and fun one minute and the next he's a big terd.  He has his mommas expressions no doubt!  If looks could kill, this kid could do it, but on the other hand, when he smiles, his whole face smiles.  And he's an affectionate kid too.  He's a cuddle bug. 

Since having him, I have often reflected on our Heavenly Parents' love for us.  When I hold him before putting him in bed (b/c at 2 yrs old, he still loves a little cuddle prebed), I think of Heavenly Mother and how hard it must have been to let this kid go and especially to trust me to raise this son of hers.  I am continuly amazed at the role Harrison plays in each of our lives.  We love this bugger!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Harrison!! Good job getting him up on the %s. I can't believe he is only 26 lbs, He doesn't look that little in pictures.

Becky said...

I can't believe that he is 2! That means that I am coming home in less than a year!
I'm sorry about the CD. I made sure that I closed it out so it could be viewed on other computers but my computer sometimes has little brain farts and apparently it had one that day.
It is okay to snuggle little boys. James and Johnny both love snuggles and hugs. He is really so cute!!
(Oh, and I bought my ticket to come out in December. We get in on the 16th, I think, and fly to Utah on the 20th. Will you be there?)