Saturday, September 12, 2009

Harrison is 1

September 3rd was Harrison's bday. I have thought often of his birth this last year. It was such a surreal experience. Crazy! Anyways, Harrison is our lightweight and shorty. He's 19lbs 2oz (4%) and in the 26%for height. It's so crazy to think that he was 9lb 4 oz at birth and only 19lbs now. It's just our kids. They pop out big but go small immediately. Douglas did the same thing and formula does not bulk our kids up. The doctor is not worried b/c Douglas did it too. Anywho, he looks just fine. He's not crawling, no desire. He spends his time walking around furniture. He's too timid to take steps yet either. He knows when we let go of him and he'll slowly sink to the ground. He loves to scream. He blinks his eyes when you wink at him. He tightens and squeezes his whole face causing it to shake. He is such a little ham. Oh, and we OFTEN get comments on how dark he is. He is the same skin color as Douglas and I but people only comment on how dark Harrison is. Must be the dark hair and eyes with the dark skin. Anyways, I'm always a little amused by that. I promise I put sunscreen on him.



We love Harrison so much and couldn't imagine our family without him.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Will just started the blinking in response to winks yesterday. I LOVE it! And I didn't notice that Harrison was dark until you said something. I'm apparently not too observant.

Becky said...

What a cutie!! You totally have to make me a shirt like Harrison's for J-L's first birthday. Or tell me how to make it.
I can't believe that I have never met him. And I'm totally jealous that Brian has. At least I will be able to celebrate with y'all next year!!

Stephanie Johnson said...

Such a cute little guy. He looked adorable in his purple shirt/suit outfit at church today. I was going to jokingly ask if he went to Homecoming last night with Elizabeth (since she was matching Harrison). :) And CUTE cake! I love how you did it with cupcakes -- so creative!