Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Favorite things

Story Dice Douglas LOVES to have us tell him stories. We probably tell more stories than read books. I had seen the following before but thought "Why would I need dice to tell an awesome story?" But then my friend Sarah did some. Sarah is a rock star and I love her dearly and I totally want to be like her :-) so I did some myself. What we do is Douglas "rolls" (or he places them according to what he wants) the "dice" and then we have to tell a story using all of them. It's quite creative and Douglas told Travis he loved his blocks. I used digi-scrapping stuff and modge podge. That stuff is awesome. Anyways, they are super fun and I made a set for Douglas' friend for her birthday.



Number Cards(idea from Little Hands Big work) Who would have thought that something SOOOOO simple could bring so much joy. These are foam sheets about the size of a half sheet of paper. I bought foam shapes and Douglas loves to place them in the circles. He can count to 15 but is still learning the numerals for what he's counting, (i.e. what a 2 looks like, etc). These foam shapes are great b/c we say, find 4 squares to put on the number 4 and so it reinforces shapes too.




I found this from Spinners End Nursery. This is a number puzzle I made out of foam sheets. I burned myself several times on this dumb thing with the hot glue gun but well worth it.


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the shout out, I love you too. :)

FABULOUS ideas! I'm totally stealing those last two!!! I love them! I guess I need to stock up on foam! :) Thanks for sharing!

Jen said...

I LOVE the story dice and I love to mod podge so this is looking like a great project for me. I can't wait to do it with Will. Thanks for always posting your great finds!

angela said...

Will you PLEASE keep posting your preschool ideas? You are so talented! Thanks for sharing so the rest of us can attempt to be as creative as you are.