Sunday, July 06, 2008

Scrapbooks & Douglas

I don't have too much to post about. Some exciting news is that all of a sudden, about 9 days ago Douglas started mimicking up a storm. He's added 3 new words to his vocab. I've made a list of his words b/c I'm so excited with his progress. He went through a babbling/talking spurt around March and then hit a plateau and then all of a sudden a spurt again. I hope this spurt continues.

Consistent Words
mommy, daddy, lawnmower, silly, see, boo, more, Papa, bug, water, and whoa

Words said with prompting that are on the verge of being consistent
ball, bye, hi, cracker

I'm just so grateful for his progress lately. I get so excited when he mimics correctly. It's nuts, or rather I go nuts. I clap and say "Good job" while squeezing him and ending it with a high five and thumbs up. Physically, he's a monkey. He can now walk/climb up most slides (he's only 19.5 months), and would climb alot more of the playground equipment if I didn't stop him. I'm sorry but I'm too lazy (or 32 weeks pregnant) to follow him around and stand behind him while he climbs up stuff. I'm continuously amazed by him and just SOOOOO thankful for this last talking spurt that I pray daily will continue.

On a second exciting note (at least for me), I received my two shutterfly scrapbooks that I had made. I also printed the rest of Douglas' first year album. If you want to see them I'd be happy to show you. :-) (I'm a proud scrapper. These are my first albums.) http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AcNmjFo3ZNWLio

This is just the first book. I won't bore you with the others. That's about it. I'll post pictures of Douglas next week.

6 comments:

Becky said...

What a cute book! I can't wait to see it. It motivates me to keep doing my scrapping.

Stephanie Johnson said...

Wow, it looks amazing! I'd love to see it when you get it.

-Laura- said...

That's great that he's picking up on so many words! He'll be talking your ear off before you know it. I always get really excited when Spencer adds words to his vocabulary too. :)

Cute book!!!

Sarah said...

Sounds like Douglas is doing great!!

I love the book! I want to see the other one!

Tamara said...

That IS big news! How exciting for little Doug.

I would love to see your other scrap book. The one you posted is impossibly cute!

Lisa Anderson said...

Love the book! Nice Crystal. It was fun to get a glimpse into your life b/c it's been so long. Glad you're doing great. Douglas is adorable!