Sad but true. Travis and I are getting a divorce. For almost 5 years now Travis has deprived me of certain things. As of late, I have been deprived by being trapped in the house, never getting out. At least he gets to get out and go to work. We never go on vacations. Visiting family is not vacation people. 50% of couples in the U.S. get a divorce. In Asia, it's like 5% because they go on vacation. It's inevitable that this would happen one day. Better while the kids are young.
This is the angle that the saleswoman trying to get us to buy a timeshare used. Poor Travis. She kept throwing the "your wife is so deprived" card and when she broke out the divorce statistics, I just about died. Seriously, she said all that. It made me mad but we stuck around and got our 2 free sea world tickets. I feel like reporting her to Hyatt though. What a lame angle to try to get people to buy a timeshare. Anyways, Travis and I went to San Antonio last weekend without Douglas for our last little gettaway before the baby. I must say that it was harder than I ever thought leaving Douglas behind. Thanks to those who watched him! And no, I don't feel deprived and a divorce is not in our future. :-)
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Divorce
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
You are such a dork! Reader just has the title up there and all I see is DIVORCE! I was like what the "bleep". You know what word I was thinking. Anyway, you and Travis can always take a trip to visit Switzerland...
Holy cow Crystal, I was freakin' out there all during paragraph #1! That is a HORRIBLE angle to get you to buy a timeshare. I would totally report that lady.
Glad you guys got a little time together before baby #2!
This was NOT funny. I seriously thought you were getting a divorce for a minute there! *Phew*
Oh my gosh! Amen to everyone elses' comments! You freaked me out. Yes, you should report her to Hyatt.
Girl!!! You had me going for a minute there! Crazy saleslady...she needs a new pitch. Well at least thanks to her you did get a little vacation...without having to purchase the timeshare. Thanks for letting me take Douglas and for the goodies. You really didn't need to do that! Glad you had a good trip!
That got my heart pumping. Don't scare me like that! :)
You about gave me a heart attack! Once we got through the whole thing Conrad thought it was hilarious. But we both agree that was a terrible angle to use. I wonder if it ever works?
OMGEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What were you thinking?!?!?!
I ended my phone call so I could call you and see how I could help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, now that you've freaked us ALL out of our minds - you will have to give all of us time to recover before you pull something like that again!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8D
Glad you guys got a get-away. ;)
So not cool. I don't think I would've been able to listen to that lady for long. I think I would've walked out. You showed her.
DANG! You scared me so bad, I called Tash after I read the second sentence, freaking out!
I would so report that stupid lady. Some people cant afford a vacation. Some people just enjoy being home. How horrible for her to say that!
CRYSTAL, this was SO not funny!
Oh my gosh, Crystal. My heart fully just stopped when I read that!
Holy cow. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to be doing my best to resume a normal respiration pattern since your post effectively stopped my breathing! Phew!
Ok, I really did not believe it but I thought it was a great teaser. I guess it worked for alot of people. I knew you were funny!
Holy cow! When I read that I was like WHAT?!!!!!
Glad it isn't true, but sorry you had to sit through that.
Your funny! I miss seeing you at the park!!!
wow...you had my mouth open wide!!! I'm very glad you are happily married still!!!
That was a good one. I was ready to cry. You got me so good that I had to call Lonn and tell him you had announced you were getting divorced on your blog and that he should go read it. He believed it for a minute too. Anyway, now that we have calmed down and our pulse is back to normal I can say, I'm glad you are not getting divorced. I do hope you enjoyed your free tickets to Sea World.
okay, I was feeling soo bad for you!!! That was really bad what she said--what a way to look at marriage!!!!
Glad you guys got away before baby #2. It's nice to not have kids around...but hard to be away from them at the same time! Hope everything goes well with the baby!
Crystal! Where are you? I hope everything's okay!!
Post a Comment