Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cutest thing

Today was a good day. The weather was considerably cooler this morning so we spent at least 2 hours at the park. I have to write these two stories down before I forget. (I'm planning on printing all these posts to make a family journal.) After dinner Douglas and I went in the back yard to play (the weather was perfect). He brought me this dead ant and I said it was bug. He tried so hard to say bug. It sounded more like boo but he was trying. Then he found a live lady bug. I knew he'd squish it so I kept telling him to be soft. He would flip it over and then flip it back over so it could crawl away. It crawled under a leaf. When the bug tried to escape, Douglas would keep trying to put the leaf back on it. He was staring at it so intensely. It crawled to his feet and he stood still watching it as it crawled up his leg onto his knee. He thought it was pretty cool. Then he stepped on it and killed it. Anyway, that is his first interaction with a bug and saying "boo" for it. I thought it was cute.

The second story is after all this I started the water in his tub (lightly) and with the drain still open. He was outside of the tub fully dressed and I walked away to get a new bath toy. When I was walking back I could hear the familiar sound of him pouring water out of a cup. I thought for sure he'd leaned over the tub to get the cup and was sticking it under the faucet and pouring it onto the floor. So I was so surprised when I walked in and he was standing in the tub fully dressed dumping the water on himself. I had to laugh at my big boy.

And finally, here is my attempt to keep him busy while I was making dinner. I put a children's music c.d. on.

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

that is the cutest video! he has some smooth moves!!!

Tamara said...

That is adorable! Thank heavens for little kids that appreciate the little things in life...like bugs!

Stephanie Johnson said...

Ladybugs are so much fun! Douglas is growing up to be so charming.

Sarah said...

That is the cutest video!!!! I love his dancing! :)

Rhonda said...

Awwww! He is so cute! Dancing machine!

Jen said...

It looks like he loves to dance like his momma, but he doesn't shake his booty like you do.

Emily said...

Hi Crystal, Just letting you know we changed our blog address:

www.littlemommaandcompany.blogspot.com

Lois Lane said...

I love the bug story. Nothing like being fascinated and then bored in an instant. And I love the Douglas' hair. I saw it at church today and smiled.

BJ said...

Hey Travis, this is BJ, from school. Here is my blog if you want to see it. Hope to see you at the reunion. (info on my blog)
colormehappy3.blogspot.com