Sunday, September 09, 2007

Home Improvements

Well we finally got new carpet. Anyone who saw our old carpet can testify to it's weirdness. It was a funky berber type and stained and just annoying (to me at least). After the carpet was placed we finally hung our new grandfather clock (thanks Dee) and redid our main wall in our living room. I bought a frame set that showed a design but it didn't quite work so Travis laid out this graph paper and placed the frames where we wanted, measured them, traced them and then put the graph paper on the wall and put the nails through so that it would be perfect. He did alot of work. All I had to do was keep Douglas out of the way (which was no small task).

New, normal carpet

New grandfather clock

Wall with old picture arrangement: above the loveseat (only picture I had)
New picture arrangement (we haven't developed pictures to put in these new frames yet)

And this is what Travis thought would be fun to do with the left over graph paper from the frames:


7 comments:

Rhonda said...

Getting new carpet is always nice! I love the picture arrangement.

-Laura- said...

Your new carpet looks so nice and squishy! Beautiful! And I love your picture arrangement too!

Sarah said...

I bet you are loving that new carpet! It looks great!

And the clock is beautiful, where is it at? We have a picture wall, but it only has 3, I like your arrangement... it makes me want to add to ours!

Bec said...

looks soo good!!! and i am calling cps about those last pictures.....: )

Rhonda said...

hey
E-mail me your #. Shelly keeps saying she will give it to me and never does....I was thinking maybe this Friday...if you read this in time and if you are available??? kay_rhonda@yahoo.com Or just call me 214-546-9745

Emily said...

Great carpet, what a luxury, I am begging for new carpet-- and I know Laura can account for this comment too-- our builder just put in the crappy stuff.

I had to laugh at your empty picture frames, I have some that have the "fake pictures" in them that just hang on my wall (they have been up for 6 months) and they still don't have photos in them. By now, the strangers pictures actually feel like family members... when the missionaries were over last, they thought this was nuts. I was so embrassed. ;)

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

love the house!or what I saw!! you're so lucky!!!
You're little boy is hilarious in that paper--and walking! holy cow!!