Because Douglas hasn't been gaining as much weight as the doctor would like (I took him again last Thursday), we started him on rice cereal Friday night. He didn't act like he liked or disliked it. However, he's now slowing showing us that he's not a fan. I just can't believe my baby is moving on to solids. It kind of makes me sad.
Today was a fabulous day. Dougie was so happy. He's not the easiest to make smile. I can usually get the most smiles from him. But if someone new is around or something's going on, he usually won't budge. Today was great b/c I got sooooo many BIG smiles out of him and a few laughs too. I just love to see him smile and especially laugh. I'll try to get a video of him laughing. It's hard though because as soon as he sees that camera, he shuts right up and stares at it. It's worth the try though.
Today I was helping a lady in our ward clean her house b/c she is moving. I was washing the windows and Douglas was behind me in his car seat. The ladies' 3 year old girl came up and was looking at Douglas. I kind of watched them from the corner of my eye and saw her bending down. I wanted to make sure she was being gentle so I turned all the way and she was trying to feed him a teddy grahmn cracker. Thank goodness Douglas had his lips pinched shut. He was beginning to open it though and managed to slobber it with drool. I took the cracker away and told her that he only ate milk. She paused and took the cracker out of my hand and ate it. She couldn't let that go to waste, slobbery and all !! :-)

4 comments:
Eww....sometimes it grosses me out to see what toddlers will eat, and babies for that matter. I've pulled many bugs out of Natalie's mouth! YUCK! Just wanted to tell you that it is possible that Dougie just might not like rice cereal. Isabella didn't. I'd say its too early to tell if you've only fed him a few times but don't be afraid to try something else. Bella's favorite was the Barley cereal. I can't remember the order you're supposed to try them in, but I'm sure you can find that online somewhere.
He is getting so big! I'll have to stop by the next time I come to Allen (which will be in a few weeks, will you be there? :))
I'm always afraid Kathryn will try to feed Hannah something, but she hasn't yet, thankfully.
I know how you are feeling! I get sad every time she reaches a new milestone. The hardest is her not wanting to be held like a baby anymore! :( Just think about it... they haven't even been alive as long as they were in our tummy and that seemed to go so much slower.
It's scarey when kids try to feed them, but wait until an adult tries! Things like Awesome Blossoms at 6 months! It's one of my new pet peeves! He's adorable though Crystal!
Post a Comment