I had a sonogram and appointment with the doctor today and didn't get the best news. My amount of fluid is still too high. The doctor told me three possible explainations. 1. I had a viral infection when pregnant and I think they are doing a blood test to see. 2. the baby has a hole between its trachea and something else & if that's the case they won't know until after the baby is born and will have to do surgery. I pray that this is not it. 3. 20% of women they never find out why. It is likely that I'll have it in other pregnancies too she said. Just pray that the baby doesn't have a hole.
The second issue is my cervix is too short. What does that mean? Check out http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/pregcomplications/1425796.html?_loopback=1
to see. I wouldn't do well to explain it myself. But basically I'm at risk for preterm labor. The doctor put me on some restrictions. She gave me these restrictions mentioning that I don't need bedrest yet. They'll do another sonogram in 3 weeks to measure the cervix and check my fluid. If my cervix is still a problem I think her options are bedrest and some corticosteroids, which help minimize health problems in premature babies, which this article makes more clear. (The article mentions Cerclage but my doctor never mentioned that.)
It all sounds pretty intimidating right now. I'm basically hanging out waiting for my next sonogram to see where we go from there. I'd like to hear if any of ya'll have heard of these things or had experience with them. Basically all I'm doing is praying the baby does NOT have hole and that even if preterm, he will make it and be just fine. We'll keep ya'll posted.
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Pregnancy issues
Posted by
Crystal
at
12:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Did you get the insurance issues solved?
I'm sorry you didn't get great news. Hopefully everything will be okay. Try not to worry too much and just keep praying. I know that's hard.
I'm glad you don't have to be on bedrest right now and hopefully after the next sonogram things will be okay and you won't ever have to be on bedrest! Keep us updated. I have heard of these things but don't really know anything about them.
Sarah,
We will have to pay the copays which stick especially since I don't think sonograms are going anyway anytime soon with these new complications. Today was my 4th sonogram and in 3 weeks I'll have my 5th. Times that by $40. Oh well.
I had a little extra fluid w/Bella and it turned out fine. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment